Monday, November 14, 2011

Frozen Fruit Salad

Once again, not the best picture, but seriously, it's soo good! I love the cream cheese and all the variety of fruit, yum!  This was my Great-Grandmother's recipe.  Seems like it'd be old, but I knew her very well, you can call her Nanny, b/c everybody did.  Nanny was very close to my family, she was closer to us than my normal grandparents.  She died when I was a senior in high school, totally unexpected.  I believe we were at the mall, just a few days prior to that, shopping for clothes, weird.  She was great!  So, in memory of Nanny, here's her famous Frozen Fruit Salad (famous in my family anyways).


I always make this the day before Thanksgiving, that way it's done and out of the way.

Cream together cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl, mix in strawberries and pineapples.

Fold in 2 sliced large bananas and...

Cool Whip.

Transfer into a 9x13 baking dish, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours, or overnight.

Let sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.


Frozen Pineapple, Banana, Strawberry Fruit Salad

Ingredients:

3/4 c. Sugar
8 oz Cream Cheese (room temp.)
20 oz Can Crushed Pineapples
2 Sliced Bananas (dip in lemon juice to keep from browning, optional)
1 Tub Cool Whip
10 oz Frozen Sliced Strawberries

Cream together the sugar and cream cheese.  Mix in pineapples and strawberries.  Fold in the bananas and cool whip.  Spread evenly in a 9x13 baking dish and freeze for at least 3 hours.  Take out of the freezer 30 minutes prior to serving (or it'll be way too hard to cut, if this happens you can also place a thing of hot water underneath the pan to soften.  I've had to do that plenty of times ;).  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious!! I put 1/2 in a cooked pie crust and the other in a pan to freeze without the pie crust....I bought unsweetened strawberries but decided to cook and sweeten then drained and placed in freezer to cool before adding..it will be even better tomorrow after its had time to set..thanks for sharing this recipe..defiantly a keeper :)

Brittany said...

You are so welcome Stephanie! Thanks for commenting. So I've never thought to put this in a pie crust! How was it?!