Monday, November 14, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes

Ok, so this is the best picture I could come up w/, but you get the idea, hopefully.  I'll take pictures of the food that I make this year and update them on here.  This is a family favorite!  I grew up on these, we always requested my mom to make these anytime we had the choice.  I promise, you'll love them!



Top off w/ cheese and bake.

Scalloped Potatoes

Ingredients:

8 Peeled and Thinly Sliced Potatoes (round circles)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8 oz Sour Cream
1/4 cup Evaporated Milk
Grated Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix soup, sour cream and evaporated milk together in a large bowl.  Layer half the potatoes on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Spread half the soup mixture and sprinkle generously w/ cheese.  Continue layers one more time.  Bake covered for 1.5 hours.  Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes.  Let sit out for at least 10 minutes to cool.  Enjoy!

***If I make this for a large meal, such as Thanksgiving, and I am using the oven for other things, I will prepare this dish the day before.  Bake for the first 1.5 hours covered and then refrigerate until I'm ready to finish baking it the next day.  Take out of the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to baking to get it to room temp.  When you're ready place it in the oven covered and bake for the last 30 minutes + an extra 10 minutes uncovered

No comments: