Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cake

Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cake, better known as "Better Than Sex Cake."  If you haven't had this cake before I am very surprised.  It's so moist and so full of yummy flavors.  My husband is a big fan and has been asking me to make this cake for years.  Finally I thought about it before I went grocery shopping so I was able to buy the ingredients needed.  It ended up being very easy to make and so so good.  My husband said this cake is even better the next day after being refrigerated and had extra time to soak in all the liquids.  I rate this cake a 5.

Yum!

Make a chocolate cake according to box directions.  (I made a Devil's Food Cake)

After cooled slightly, poke holes and pour sweetened condensed milk, fudge and caramel over the top.

Then I spread it completely over the whole cake then cool completely in the fridge.

Cover with whipped cream and crushed candy bar.

See all that ooey gooey goodness?  That's what falls through the holes of the cake, yum!  Stick back in the fridge until ready to eat.

Yeah, it's that good!

Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cake
(Better than Sex Cake)

 Ingredients:

1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 Jar (about 8 oz) of Fudge Topping
1/2 Jar (about 8 oz) of Caramel Topping
8 oz tub of whipped cream
Crushed Heath Bar (or favorite candy bar)

Make cake mix as directed, let cool slightly.  Poke holes in cake while still warm and pour sweetened condensed milk and both toppings over cake and in the holes.  Cool completely in fridge.  Cover with whipped cream and crushed candy bar.  Place back in fridge until ready to serve.  Enjoy!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Yuuummmy! This stuff is so good! I think everybody makes theirs a little different, but it is one of the best cakes ever!

Gennaveeve said...

That sounds WAY better than the one my mom made for a bridal shower for a lady in our ward. It was before I got married and I was disappointed to think that that cake was supposed to better than sex. Thankfully she was DEAD wrong! She made it with white cake and then drizzled liquid jello mixture into it with just whip cream on top. Yours sounds WAY better!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Gennaveeve..haha that sounds Gross!!! This looks soo good!

Brittany said...

Gennaveeve you are so funny! And Bonny's right, your mom's cake does not sound good at all!

Gennaveeve said...

HOLY AMAZING!!!!! Thank you for posting this delicious cake! This is the most amazing cake on the planet and Adrian and I are totally hooked on it now! We don't like Heath bars very much so we didn't put it on top but it was still so good. And I'm with Cameron on this one, it's so good refrigerated overnight!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Okay! I made this last night!! We didn't have caramel so we just used fudge and we also used Twix instead of Heath bars. It was so good. Then we had some this morning ohhhhhhhhh my goodness!! It was sooo good! Chad loved it too..and that says alot he is soo picky!

Kelly said...

This looks so yummy. I've made a version of it before where you cut the cake into cubes then do layers in a trifle bowl of cake, chocolate pudding, caramel, whipped cream, and the heath bits. Like yours it's even better the next day. However I really like the sweetened condensed milk idea. I will have to try that for my next ladies night. (Oh and we called it better than church cake) :)

Brittany said...

Kelly! That sounds great! I love the trifle idea.

ajk327 said...

I made this cake in two layers. I used 9" round cake pans. Put half of the cake batter in each pan, then put one in the oven and baked it. Took it out and let it cool a bit, meanwhile, I baked the second cake. I transferred the first cake to a platter, poked the holes and topped it with the condensed milk, fudge and caramel, and a layer of whipped cream. When the second layer had cooled a bit, I placed it on top and topped it the same way, then covered it all in whipped cream, some caramel drizzle and the toffee bits. Turned out great and my boyfriend loved it for his birthday!

Brittany said...

Thanks ajk! That sounds amazing! Next time I make this I will have to try it your way. Thanks for coming back and leaving a comment ;)