Did ya'll know that you could make lasagna in a crock pot ! Well, I didn't either until I found it on Pinterest! I've been meaning to try it out for a while now. Now that I am forced to have more crock pot meals due to my son's soccer practices being at 5 pm, I finally got around to it. So, what'd I think? I thought it tasted great! It did not disappoint one bit! It's tastes practically what I make in the oven. And, we have tons of leftovers! I'm so happy I can now make my lasagna ahead of time. Try it out...let me know what you think. Who else loves crock pot meals as much as me?
All finished, look at all that yummy cheese.
Crock Pot Lasagna
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Clove Garlic
2 T Parsley
1 T Basil
1 t. Salt29 oz Can Tomato Sauce
8 oz pkg. Lasagna Noodles, uncooked (I used 10 noodles)
4 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 1/2 cups Cottage Cheese
- Spray the inside of the crock-pot with cooking spray
- Brown the ground beef and drain
- Mix in the Parsley, basil and salt
- Stir the tomato sauce in with the ground beef let simmer for 10 minutes
- Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot
- Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce (I broke them up so they fit better)
- Combine 2 cups of Mozzarella and cottage cheese in a bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the cheeses over the noodles.
- Repeat these layers twice
- Top with remaining sauce
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hrs
- Add the remaining cheese 5 minutes before serving
- Let the lasagna stand in the crock-pot with the lid off for at least 10 minutes Enjoy!
- Add chopped onion to the ground beef in step 2
- Use Italian sausage in place of ground beef or with ground beef (I used 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 sausage)
- Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the cheese mixture. Replace cottage cheese with Ricotta.
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Creating Through Life