Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 23 - Frozen Fruit Slush

Welcome to Day 23 of 25 Days of Recipes!!  I know this is VERY late, but today has been very busy...and I didn't have anyone's recipe to add.  So, here's one of my own, or one of my Hubby's Family's recipes, I should say.  This is one of their Christmas Breakfast Traditions to be served along side the Egg Strata, I've yet to make it though.  They actually call it Frozen Fruit Compote, but I like the word Slush better.  This will be the first year I make it, and I'll add my own picture after I do ;)  I only wish I could take pretty pictures like this!  Oh!  It's very tart, but my hubby loves it, so you might too.

Right after it was all mixed together, before freezing.


You might need to use a knife to cut out.

After a while of smashing and stirring, it turns to slush.  And after Christmas you can throw it all in a blender and make a smoothie!

Frozen Fruit Slush

Ingredients:
1 12 oz Can Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate, thawed
24 oz large tub of Frozen Sliced Strawberries
2 Cans Mandarin Oranges
1 20 oz Can Crushed Pineapples
6 Sliced Bananas
Sprite

Mix everything together (except the Sprite), pour in a large Tupperware, cover and freeze at least 8 hours.  Place in the refrigerator overnight (or let sit at room temperature straight out of the freezer for at least 30 minutes).  Place individual servings in glasses and add sprite, mix to combine.  Serve with breakfast Christmas Morning!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Center Cook said...

We really like this for a great summertime dessert. I usually use frozen lemonade as well as the orange juice and skip the sprite. I like to freeze it in individual plastic cups so you can thaw it a few at a time. I also add a jar of maraschino cherries.