Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thai Peanut Chicken

When I was married a very close friend's (Janel) grandparents gave me their family's cookbook, "A Taste of Heaven", Recipe's from Hale (their last name is Hale, clever right?).  Her grandparents were wonderful!  They practically took me in as their own grandchild while I was in college.  I always wished they were mine!  Anyways, I have used this a lot in my almost 6 years of marriage, but not enough.  This is a recipe I recently found in the cookbook and tried for the first time Sunday.  It was so so simple, and I thought it was pretty dang good.  My husband said he wouldn't mind if I made it often.  It makes a wonderful crust around the chicken and the flavor is great and not overpowering.  I rate this recipe a 4.5.
Mix all ingredients (but the chicken) together.


 
Place the chicken in a plastic bag or bowl and pour the peanut butter mixture over and mix well.  After it has chilled in the fridge for 2+ hours, I placed into a bowl, for easier access so my hubby could place on the grill.
If you choose to, you can cook the chicken in the oven instead.  But, it was such a nice day and grilling the chicken just sounded better.  Trust me, it was soo good.  And, having my hubby doing the grilling, makes my life just that much easier.

Doesn't that just look so good?  Do you see the crust that forms around the chicken that I was talking about?

I served the chicken w/ my fried rice and egg rolls (Costco's are the best!)

Thai Peanut Chicken

Ingredients:

1/2 c. peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 T curry powder
2 cloves minced garlic
2-2 1/2 lbs cut-up chicken (I used chicken tenderloins)

Blend peanut butter with honey and soy sauce until smooth.  Stir in curry powder and garlic; mix well.  Place chicken in a large plastic bag or bowl.  Pour peanut butter mixture over chicken and mix well.  Close bag or cover bowl and chill 2-12 hours.  Remove chicken from marinade and broil or grill over medium heat 4-6 inches from heat.  Turn chicken and brush with marinade occasionally while cooking.  (Do not brush with any more marinade less than 10 minutes before chicken is done.) Cook until chicken is no longer pink in thickest part (cut to test), 15-30 minutes depending on size and piece. Serves 6 (each serving about 6 ounces chicken).  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Janel said...

I don't think I have tried this one. I think I am going to make it this week. My grandparents love you and still ask about you.

The cupcakes below look yummy!!

Brook and Jason :) said...

Just tried this one! It turned out so yummy! Thanks for a great dinner!

Brittany said...

Oh good!!! I'm so glad you liked the dinner! Thanks for letting me know :)

Chad & Bonny Day said...

I've made this a few times and it's delicious I'm going to make it again tonight!