Thursday, March 31, 2011

Easy Pasta Salad

So, have I mentioned that I like easy recipes?  I will take any short cut there is to make something, as long as it's still good.  My friend Kristina had us over a couple of years ago and made us a wonderful pasta salad!  I was so impressed, I asked her for the recipe and she was a little hesitant to share.  I coaxed her into telling me, and that's when she introduced me to Suddenly Pasta Salads by Betty Crocker.  I couldn't understand why she was embarrassed to tell me, it was wonderful news!  I loved pasta salads but never attempted to make any, up until then!  All of a sudden, pasta salad making was going to be a common thing in my house, and so easy to make.  I have made several different kinds and have served them to several different people.  I always get compliments and am never hesitant to share how I made it!  I want everyone to know how easy it is, anything to make life simpler is a great thing, right?!  Anyways, I am just going to go ahead and rate this a 5, it's just that good and just so dang easy!


To make the salad better the side of the box gives you suggestions of add ins.  Above is the Classic salad (this amount was actually 2 boxes, 1 box is just fine for a family, but I made it for a large group).  I have added in tomatoes, olives, sunflower nuts, cucumbers, pepperoni slices halved and shredded mozzarella cheese or string cheese cut into little slices!

Doesn't it look homemade and amazing?  Yum, it's really good, trust me.  I have tried a few different flavors of Suddenly Salads, the Classic is definitely one of my favorites.  If you can find the Pesto kind, then you are so lucky!  That kind is so good, but I can hardly find it in stock.  But, go ahead, try any kind you want, I don't think you can go wrong w/ any of them.  I'm not going to share the recipe, I just wanted to share my little known secret w/ each of you.  Everything you need to know on how to make it is on the back of the box, although I will say this, I use Olive Oil instead of Vegetable Oil when it's an oil based salad.  Life made just a little simpler, right?!?!  Enjoy! 

5 comments:

Spearmint Baby said...

yes, it looks amazing! i could eat the whole bowl!

BTW,
found you on the blog hop! i'm your newest follower ;)) shari
http://www.spearmintbaby.com/

Marianne said...

Hi, dropping in from the bloghop at Design it Chic.
I am about to die of starvation here and looking at all your delicious dishes is about to do me in.
I am your newest follower. Drop by my blog at www.piecesofmymind-marianne.blogspot.com and check out my Wednesday recipes.

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

Your recipes look absolutely yummy and I only do easy! Glad to find you on the blog hop. I look forward to lots of visits.

Meryl
http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

I have never tried the classic. I always buy the caeser one and it is SO GOOD!! I should try this one. (Sorry for all the comments I haven't looked in a while)

Brittany said...

Thank you everyone for your comments. And Lindsey-yes I really like the caeser kind too, I've tried all of them I think. I know you'd really like the pesto kind if you can find it! Oh and I don't mind 1 bit about you leaving comments, keep 'em comin'!