Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 17 - Stove-Top Swedish Pancakes

Welcome to Day 17 of 25 Days of Recipes!  I'd like to introduce to you to a great friend of mine, actually one of the first I made when I moved into my neighborhood...Nikki!  She is one of the nicest people I've ever met.  I don't think I've ever heard her say a negative thing about anyone in the 2 years we've known eachother.  She's always looking for something nice/helpful to do for others.  I can't tell you how many times she's offered to take my boys off my hands just so I could have free time to myself or to have a peaceful grocery shopping experience.  Not only that, she's taken both of them for hours during the day, a few times, while I have been sick in the past.  You know what else amazes me?  Mon-Sat w/o fail, she leaves around 5 AM (maybe earlier, can't remember the exact time) to travel all the way to Ogden for her favorite workout class.  She's amazing.

Take it Away Nikki:


Hello~
Hi, I am Nikki. I manage a Real Estate office in Alpine,  I am a huge fan of working out and I have the most precious three year old boy. All that makes for a very busy life.  I thought I would share a recipe that is a huge favorite of our family. I will have to admit that my husband had this recipe and made it for me and I have loved it ever since. It also tastes better when he makes it :)The funny thing is, that every time my parents come to town and stay with us it is mandatory that we serve this for breakfast. I am excited to share this recipe with everyone because it is so yummy!



Stove-Top Swedish Pancakes

Ingredients~
9 eggs
3 3/4 cups milk
2 1/4 cups flour
3 TBS sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
7 Tablespoons Vegetable oil

Directions~
Blend the above ingredients in a blender. 
Preheat a nonstick pan -- slightly above medium heat.  Treat the pan with a light coat of cooking spray prior to each pancake.  Using a ladle, pour a ladle full of pancake mix into the pan and thin it out with the bottom of the ladle.  When the pancake firms, flip it.

One of the keys is prepping the pancake.  Spread butter on one side of the pancake.  Spread powdered sugar so that it covers the pancake. Roll the pancake up and it is ready to serve. 

Note--They are also delicious with fruit topping.  You do not want to add too much topping or they will be too sweet.  The best are usually homemade jams, but you can also use blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, or fruit pie filling.


Thanks Nikki!!  Enjoy!

No comments: