Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 16 - Make Ahead Baked French Toast

Welcome to Day 16 of 25 Days of Recipes.  I'd like to introduce my good friend Amy.  She lives a few blocks away from me and she has one of the cutest houses around, she does an amazing job at decorating.  She claims she doesn't like to cook, but honestly, everything I've ever eaten of hers tastes, and looks great.  She is especially amazing at making all the small, cutesy orderve/dessert type, finger foods. 

Take it Away Amy:

Hi, my name is Amy and I am a working mom of a busy 1 1/2 year old with another on the way. I have known Brittany for over a year now and am always counting on her for great recipes my husband will love. Besides working full time from home and being mom I love throwing fun parties, shopping, and crafting. Because I am always either sitting at my computer working or chasing after my son I love easy quick and prepare ahead of time recipes so today that is what I am sharing. I got this recipe from my sister and every time I make it its a hit, it is perfect for Christmas morning because you can prepare everything ahead of time and just throw in the oven while you open presents!  We made these and froze them ahead of time to use at a baby shower shown in the picture below. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!



Make Ahead Baked French Toast

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup light Cream or Half & Half
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup cornflake cereal crumbs
8 (Thick) slices of bread (French bread or Texas Toast works best)

Simply mix the eggs, half and half, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Dip the bred in the mixture letting it sit and absorb completely. Dip the bread in the cornflakes crumbs and place on a cookie sheet. (It's best to have the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray. Freeze until you're ready to use them!

When ready, preheat oven to 425 degrees and cook on greased cookie sheet for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.

Thanks Amy!  Enjoy!

No comments: