Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 24 - Mississippi Mud 'Dessert'

Welcome to Day 24 of 25 Days of Recipes (Only 1 day left!! Merry Christmas Eve)!!  I'd like to introduce to ya'll Ashley, from Domestic Imperfection.  We actually have a mutual friend, but we don't know eachother personally.  Do you remember Katie, from Day 6?  Well, we both know her, and I came across Ashley's blog through Katie.  I have loved seeing all the makeovers that she's done to her house.  We also have a huge thing in common, we both have 2 boys who are extremely close in age.  Mine are a year and a day apart, I believe her boys are something like 15 months apart, am I right Ashley?  Anyways check out her site, she seems like such a cute, fun girl!

Take it Away Ashley:

Hey everyone! I'm Ashley and I blog over at Domestic Imperfection.  I blog mostly about crafts, decorating, home renovations, and of course my two adorable boys (21 months and 2 months). If you've read my blog before than you know that I don't post about cooking, mostly because I'm not that great at it. However, this one's just so easy and delicious that I couldn't resist. Every year for my birthday my mom made me Mississippi Mud, it's the only time of year I got it so it was always a special treat. Now that I'm an adult I can make it anytime I want... like Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, The Ides of March, Daylight Savings Time.....
So without further ado, here is the recipe...





Mississippi Mud 'Dessert'

Ingredients
2 cups crushed graham crackers (that's about half a box -I like the cinnamon)
1 stick butter

8oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
12oz container of whip cream (or be awesome and make your own)
3 cups milk
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding (not the giant one)
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding (again, the regular size)
 

Directions
First you mush crush the graham crackers. Once you have crushed the dickens out of em then mix with a stick of melted butter, press into a lasagna pan, and cook at 350 for 10 minutes. Next, mix together 8oz cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 10oz of your whip cream container and spread over the crust (once it has cooled). For the next layer mix together one package pudding and 1 1/2 cups milk (be careful, the box says 2 cups milk, but we want ours thicker). Spread it over the previous layer, then mix up your next pudding. By the time your done with the second one, the first pudding will be set. Lastly, spread the remaining whip cream on top. Done! Now cover and refrigerate overnight...don't get excited and skip this step!


Note: If you want a full tutorial with pictures then head on over here. Feel free to stay awhile and check out some room redo's and crafty creations!
 
Thanks Ashley!  Enjoy!
 


No comments: