Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Slow Cooker French Dip

I can't express to you how much I love this recipe!  It's so good!  My momma gave me this recipe a while back now, I haven't made it that often, but every time I do I question why I don't make it every day!  The only drawback to making this French Dip is having to buy the rump roast, they can be so expensive, but worth it to make it!  This is a great meal to make if you're having guests, they'll be impressed every time!  I rate this recipe a 5!!!  YUMMY!

All ready to cook for 7 hours!
Right out of the crock pot, it was so tender it fell apart.

Shredded all ready to eat, yum.

That sauce is so good, I literally wanted to pick it up and drink it after I was done eating.  I might have just done that too.

Slow Cooker French Dip

Ingredients:

4 pounds rump roast
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 fluid ounce) ginger ale
6 (or more) French rolls
2 tablespoons butter
Provolone Cheese
1. Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and ginger ale. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.               
3. Split French rolls, and spread with butter. Bake 10 minutes, or until heated through.  (I skip this step most of the time and just microwave the split roll with meat and cheese for about 30 sec.)          
4. Slice the meat on the diagonal, and place on the rolls and top off with provolone cheese. Serve the sauce for dipping.  Enjoy!

10 comments:

Design It Chic said...

The meat looks so tender and yummy! I'm so hungry now, thank you very much:P I am now following you thanks to Wandering Wednesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today, to learn a few very easy tricks to make your blog simply fabulous and have more fun with it. See you there!
Happy St. Patrick's Day

Jill said...

Oh that looks sooo yummy!
I just stopped by from the Friday Blog Hop, and I’m now following you. I hope you’ll visit my blog sometime too! Have a lovely weekend.
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

K.M. said...

That looks so good, something I cant wait to try!
New follower, hope to see you following back :)
http://kellyhunterphotography.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

that looks so good, I must make it.

I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you please follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
thank you :)

sweepstakesjeanie@yahoo.com said...

I am following you on google connect from "Boost My Blog Friday"! Cute blog;-)

http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/

http://meinanutshell1979.blogspot.com/

http://mommyblessingsinpictures.blogspot.com/

Jeanette Huston

Chinoville said...

That looks so good!! I love your cooking blog!...It is AWESOME!!! It gives me so many ideas I haven't tried before. I always have a hard time trying to decide what to make for dinner, now I can just look here!!! :)

Katie said...

BRITTANY!!! This looks yummy! I made your cheescake.. soooo good! Nominated you for a stylish blogger award! =)

http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/03/say-what.html

Two hit wonder Mom said...

I am making this tonight. If you love Crock-pot recipes. I have a really easy beef and noodles one. The kids love it. And to me it tastes like pot roast on buttered egg noodles. I can send you the recipe if you like. Have a great day!! The sun is finally shining in windy Kansas today1 Whaaa Hooo!!

Brittany said...

I'm excited to hear what you thought, I think it's so good! I would love to try out your recipe. Send it to me and If I like it ;) I'll share it and link it back to you!!! It sounds really good. The sun is finally shining here in UT! I'm loving it too!

Erin + Geoff said...

making this tonight Britt.. my brother ryan is coming over too so hopefully i don't mess it up!