Saturday, June 18, 2011

Overnight Peach French Toast

I thought I'd share a Father's Day breakfast recipe, considering tomorrow is Father's Day ;)  I like to make my hubby breakfast in bed, I'm considering making this recipe again, we'll see.  (I don't have any during pictures, these pictures are from last year when I made it.  **Update, I made it again this year so I added more pictures!)  I got this recipe from Good Things Utah.  Kneaders shared this wonderful recipe to make for Mother's Day, but I saved it to make for my hubby b/c I thought it looked so good.  I have made just the syrup a couple of times to have separately on other breakfast dishes, it's great!  Just like their caramel syrup they serve in the restaurant!  Anyways, this is a winner.  I rate this recipe a 5!

Layer peaches on top of caramel syrup.


Lay bread on top and pour egg mixture over that, sprinkle w/ cinnamon.

Right out of the oven.  Imagine it kind of like a pineapple upside down cake.  You need to flip the french toast "upside down" so the peaches and syrup are on top.

Finally top it off w/ whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Yum!


Kneader's Overnight Peach French Toast 

Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
2 T. water
1 (29 oz) can sliced peaches, drained
6 (3/4 inch thick) slices French Country Bread (I think I used Texas Toast)
5 eggs
¾ cup heavy cream
1 T. vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon

* In a saucepan, stir together brown sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
* Pour brown sugar mixture into a 9 x13 baking dish, covering the bottom evenly.
* Layer the peaches over the brown sugar mixture
* Top with sliced French Country bread.
* In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream and vanilla.
* Slowly pour over the bread slices to coat evenly.
* Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
* Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350F. Remove the dish from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking.
Bake covered for 20 minutes then uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
Serve each french toast "upside down." Top w/ whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Enjoy!

No comments: