Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

I made Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin for a Sunday dinner, which was so easy.  Have I mentioned, or have you noticed, I love pork dishes?!  I thought this looked amazing, which you'll understand when you see the picture I saw below.  My husband also loves Balsamic Vinegar, so I thought I'd give it a try.  It turned out dry, but that's probably my fault for taking too long of a nap and letting it cook longer than intended.  But, the flavors were great, I would definitely want to make this again, just time it better.

This is what it looked like for me.  Great flavor, but a little dry.


This is how the blogger's recipe turned out!  What?  I have no idea how she made it look so dang good!   My glaze was not that thick and my pork did not blacken.  I'm wondering if she might've used the drippings on the bottom of the crock pot as her glaze?

The rub...

Rub all over the pork loin and pour water into the crock pot.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low (I'm going to say closer to 6, I did closer to 8 and it was dry!)

An hour before being done, make your glaze and brush pork 2-3 times during that hour.

All done!  (See all the liquids at the bottom of the crock pot?  That's what I'm wondering if she poured over her pork before serving.)

Shred...

And serve w/ remaining glaze.  Great flavor!!  We ate the left overs on buns, it tasted great as a sandwich!  I served with a Brussels Sprout and bacon salad on the side.

Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

Ingredients
1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water
Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sorry yours turned out dry! I can't even remember if I used the drippings or not... ha!

I might have used a smaller cut of pork as I tend to do that sometimes. Also, I believe I added the glaze every 15 minutes or so so that I ended up using a good amount of it during the cooking with only a little left over for serving.

Also, try adding more water if it appears to dry out before your cooking time is up.