Friday, August 19, 2011

Classic Grilled Burgers

My sister Bonny had me try these burgers out.  She said she made them in a frying pan (b/c her hubby wasn't home to grill them before dinner) and they were still the best burgers they've ever had.  Her husband and children asked for more!  So, what did I think?  I gave it a try and I thought they were actually pretty good.  I really liked what the water did to the patties, they made them so tender and juicy and the flavors was good, but there just wasn't enough flavor for me.  I think they probably would be right up there for my favorite burgers if I had just added a bit of Montreal Steak Seasoning.  I love that stuff on burgers!  And that added to this recipe would make it perfect!  So, give it a try and let me know what you think.  I'll definitely be making these again, so I'll update what I think about the steak seasoning when I try them again.
Doesn't it look good?!


Toss in all the seasoning and water.

Mix together (I HATE touching hamburger meat, so I used this instead, worked great!)

I was able to make 5 patties.  I made sure to make the patties just a bit bigger than the buns, and it worked out perfect!

Toward the end of the patties are grilling, rub butter on buns and toast on the grill.

We like cheese added to our patties, so here they are.

And just in case you were wondering what it looked like w/o cheese....here's the bottom of the patty.

And here it is all ready to eat!!  YUM!


Classic Grilled Burgers


*Makes anywhere from 5-8 burgers, depending on how big you make them (I made 5)
Ingredients:

2 pounds ground beef (preferably not extra lean)
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
2 tablespoons A-1 sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* Here's where I would throw in some Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/4 cup room temperature water

In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Form the beef into patties about 1/2-inch thick and about 1/4-inch larger in diameter than the buns you’ll be using. Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill. Cook the burgers on a preheated grill over medium-high heat until the burgers are cooked to your liking (I like mine with the barest hint of pink in the center and usually grill for about 6 minutes per side). The last two minutes of grilling, butter the inside of the bun and slap it on the grill to toast while the burgers finish cooking.  Serve w/ favorite toppings.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Chad & Bonny Day said...

I sautéed some mushrooms in worshistere sp? sauce and butter and put that on my burger as well, it added a lot more flavor.