Friday, April 5, 2013

Cheesy Meatball Bites

This recipe reminded me of my Pizza Bite Recipe, which I totally love!  I found I don't like these as much, but they're still good.  I had lots of meatballs I needed to use up, and this was just another fun recipe I wanted to try out w/ them.  Who doesn't love a good meatball?!  I know I do!

Look at the gooey cheese!


Peel the biscuits apart.

Slice cheese and lay biscuits out.

Layer biscuit w/ half a meatball and cheese chunk.

Brush w/ olive oil and sprinkle w/ spices and seasonings.


Bake until golden brown.

Serve w/ a side of marinara sauce.


Cheesy Meatball Bites

Ingredients:
  • 1 can Pillsbury golden layers biscuits - each pulled into 2 layers
  • 10 frozen fully cooked Italian style meatballs - thawed and cut in half
  • Mozzerella Cheese Chunks (or 2 string cheeses cut into 10 pieces)
  • Olive Oil
  • grated Parmesan cheese
  • dried basil
  • dried oregano
  • garlic powder
  • cracked black pepper
  • marinara sauce


Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Separate the biscuits into two layers each.  Cut each thawed meatball in half (You may bake ahead of time or thaw in the microwave).  Add one meatball "half" and one string cheese "piece" to each biscuit.  Wrap the dough around it and seal shut.  Place the seam side down into a round cake pan (or pie pan).  I find that it works best to but the meatball first with the cut side UP, then the cheese.  This will put the rounded part of the meatball on the top when it's all said and done. Brush each "bun" with olive oil and season the with pepper, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.  Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F until golden brown.   These are great dipped into a bowl of warm marinara sauce.  Enjoy!


Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Menu Musings

No comments: