Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Loin

I found this recipe I was a little hesitant to try it, but it sounded like something new and exciting, but yet, a little risky.  It's sweet and spicy, but not too spicy.  I fed this to my cousin Robby and his wife while they were visiting just over a week ago.  He looked at it and said (imagine it in a strong southern accent), "Wow, this looks like rich people food!"  And then after taking his first bite he went on to say, "This plays tricks on my taste buds, they think its sweet at first and then all of a sudden it's spicy."  Great explanation for this dish.  My husband branded it restaurant quality food!  It was really that good, and actually really easy!  Easier than it looks.

It does look quite good huh?


First combine salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and cinnamon for the rub.


Rub it all over the pork tenderloin.  Make sure it's pork tenderloin, not a pork loin, there is a difference.  Pork tenderloin is actually part of a pork loin, and not fatty at all.  Very tender and high quality meat.

Brown all sides in olive oil.  I don't actually have an oven safe pan so I then transferred the meat to a baking dish.

I forgot to take a picture of the glaze as I made it, but here it is over the pork.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes and here ya go!

Cut in slices and serve...

Yummy!  I served w/ a side of Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and a green salad.

Brown Sugar Spiced Pork Loin


Rub Ingredients:

2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pork tenderloin

Glaze Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon Tabasco

Mix together all rub ingredients and coat pork loin. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in an oven safe pan and brown pork loin, appx. 2 minutes on each side. While that is browning, mix together brown sugar, garlic and Tabasco and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave (until caramelized) and mix together. Pour over the top of the pork. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until center of tenderloin reaches 140. Let rest for 10 minutes (or until temperature at rest is 155) before slicing.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my word! This looks heavenly! I'm sure I can convince Chris to try this at some point! Yumm!

Katie said...

Thanks for the delicious recipe Brit!! We loved it!! I can't wait to make it again - check out your feature here!

http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/08/five-feature-friday-5.html

Chad & Bonny Day said...

I made the glaze and it looked nothing like yours, maybe a bit more instruction might be helpful?