Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!


I don't know about ya'll, but yesterday was a crazy, busy day for me!  I just returned home from my 3 week vacation late Sunday night.  Then Monday was a lazy day for me, you know to recuperate from vacation.  So, yesterday was catch up.  I took my oldest son to preschool, did some grocery and Valentine's day shopping and on the way back to pick my son up from school, I broke down!  Ugh.  So lucky for me, I have wonderful friends.  My friend Amy came and picked me up, along w/ all my groceries and kiddos.  Then I was left was a messy house and tons of cooking.  So after what felt like all day of doing that, we got to enjoy a wonderful evening of yummy food and relaxations.  "So what did I cook?" you might ask...well why not let me just show you ;)


No, this was not for our dinner, but I did make this for my kid's lunch.  They loved it!  In fact, they asked for heart sandwiches today :)  Notice the strawberries are cut into hearts?  And the mini cupcake liners are actually red on the outside, you just can't tell.  Gotta love Pinterest!

And for dinner?  I made Crock pot Chicken Parmesan, Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls (recipe to come), a green salad and heart shaped strawberries.

And for dessert...Cheesecake Bars topped w/ fresh strawberries, mixed w/ a little sugar and vanilla to bring out the natural juices.  Yum!!

I hope all of you had a wonderful, yummy Valentines too!  Now that I'm home, be prepared for lots of new recipes!  Enjoy! 

No comments: