Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grilled Vegetables

I'm sure all of you have steamed or boiled frozen/fresh veggies right?  Well, I've found a just as easy yet much tastier way to make them.  My friend Linzy served us green beans on night for dinner, and I was left wanting more!  I've never ever felt that way about vegetables before.  So, this will be my new way of making veggies for now on, well other than when my husband grills them outside, that's even more amazing! I rate this a 4.5 (a 5 if it's done on the grill).

Coat w/ olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt, black ground pepper and garlic powder.  You can either do this by putting everything in a plastic baggie or directly on the cookie sheet and use a basting brush.


Bake at 425 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.  I like it to be in there long enough to start browning, as if being grilled.  (Another way, is to skip this step and place in a grilling basket on a grill and cook until starting to brown.)

You won't be able to have enough, it turns out that great!

Grilled Vegetables


Ingredients:

1 lb Fresh Vegetables (I have used frozen green beans, and they work great too!)
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder (optional)

Preheat oven to 425.  Place vegetables in a large plastic baggy and add in enough olive oil to coat.  Sprinkle all seasonings into bag and mix around until every piece has been seasoned.  Place on a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for 8-10 minutes until starting to brown.  Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments: