Sunday, March 8, 2015

Zesty Tomato, Sausage Pasta

Remember a little while ago I shared Pioneer Woman's seafood pasta in a foil package on Instagram? I made it again the other night! But, this time I did sausages instead of shrimp and I skipped the baking part. It was delicious!! I love the little kick it has and how fresh tasting it was. You can of course make her recipe, which is great too! But I actually like this a little better. Let me know what you think!

Zesty Tomato, Sausage Pasta



Ingredients

1 lb Curly Pasta, or favorite pasta
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 T Butter
2 T Olive Oil
1/2 c Dry White Wine (or white wine vinegar
3 - 14.5 oz Cans Diced (or whole) Tomatoes
Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes1 lb Smoked Sausage Links, sliced

Cook the pasta according to box directions.

In a skillet, cook the garlic in the butter and olive oil for a few minutes, and then pour in the wine. Allow this to reduce for a couple of minutes, and then pour in the tomatoes. Stir the mixture together, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.  Stir in sliced Sausage and allow to cook for 10 minutes.

Mix the drained pasta with the sauce.  Optional: Drizzle warm cream over the top and sprinkle with torn basil and parsley. Or just top off with shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Enjoy!



Recipe Adapted from: Pioneer Woman

No comments: