Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stir Fry

I have been trying to cook more lately, I'm starting to feel better, and I find if I start dinner around lunchtime, by the time dinner time comes around I don't have much left to do.  So anyways, I've actually been making this Stir Fry recipe for a few years now.  We love it!  My brother-in-law, Dave, gave it to me (he's a great cook) and we are so glad he did, it's one of our favorites.



Mix together the marinade and the chicken. 

Fry the marinade over medium high heat.

I like to use this Stir-fry vegetable blend from Costco.

Add vegetable blend and cook until done.

Serve over rice w/ a side of egg rolls, enjoy!

Stir Fry

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs Sirloin Steak or Chicken Breasts

Marinade:
3/4 c. Soy Sauce
2 T. Olive Oil
2 t. Sesame Oil
1/4 - 1/2 c. Sugar 
2 cloves Minced Garlic (1 t.)
Red Pepper Flakes

Assorted Vegetables. may include:
broccoli, green peppers, snap peas, carrots, etc. (I like to use Costco's Stir Fry Vegetable Blend)

Cut steak or chicken very thinly against the grain.  Mix together all the marinade ingredients and marinate steak or chicken for 2 hours (chicken doesn't need to be marinated as long).

In a large pan or wok, fry marinade over medium high heat.  Add assorted vegetables, cook for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked all the way through and crisp.  If desired add corn starch to thicken the sauce.  Serve over rice.  Enjoy!