Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cream Lemon Bars

I am so sorry that it's taken me a while to add a new recipe.  It seems like the past little while has been crazy!  And, if I do happen to find any spare time I just want to relax or nap.  Do ya'll ever feel that way?  Anyways, I have a very special, yummy recipe to share w/ ya'll today!  A good friend of mine from college, Pamela, actually shared this recipe w/ me.  After I got engaged (back in the summer of 2005) she offered to throw me a bridal shower!  She is seriously one of the nicest, sweetest people I know, she also has an amazing smile :)  So, when she showed up to my shower w/ these yummy Cream Lemon Bars I just had to have the recipe!  It turns out that they are really simple, and much much better than normal lemon bars (these have just the right amount of lemon, and what's better than cream cheese in a dessert?).  Seriously, these things are amazing!


All I can say is...YUM!


Mix together the ingredients for the crust and press at the bottom of a 9x13 pan but, don't forget to set aside about 1 c. of mixture to use later. 


Bake until puffy and golden brown, about 15 minutes on 350.

Make cream cheese mixture and spread over hot crust.


Remember the extra cake mixture you set aside?  Grab that and crumble on top of cream cheese mixture.

Bake for another 15 minutes.  Let cool and then freeze, the longer the better (I prefer over night).

Cream Lemon Bars

Ingredients

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1/3 c Vegitable Oil
2 Eggs
8 oz Softened Cream Cheese
1/3 c Sugar
1/4 c Lemon Juice (you can do as much or as little as you would like)

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix cake mix with oil and 1 egg until crumbly.  Take about 1 cup of the mixture and set aside. Line a 9x13 baking dish with alumanum foil and then pat the rest of the "cake mixture" on top of that for the crust.  Bake for 15 minutes.  While baking mix cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar and lemon juice.  When crust is puffy and golden take out of the oven and spread cream cheese mixture over the top.  Take the cup of "cake mixture" and crumble over the top of the "cream cheese mixture."  Bake for another 15 minutes.  Set aside to cool, then put in the freezer for at least 3 hours.  (The longer the better, I prefer overnight.)  Pull aluminum foil by holding both ends and take bars completely out of the pan. Cut into squares and serve cold.  Enjoy!

No comments: