Sunday, October 19, 2014

One Pot Salmon Coconut Curry Pasta


Remember how I told ya'll how much I love one pot meals? Well I really do! The other night I planned on making salmon, but last minute decided I was tired of the same salmon fillet I always end up making, so Pinterest shopping I went.  I came across this amazing looking dish, and bonus, it was one pot!  I wasn’t sure about adding a large piece of uncooked salmon in with everything else but it ended up being cooked perfectly at the same time the pasta was done. By cooking everything together, the salmon was perfectly tender and flavored and the creamy sauce was amazing.  My husband said, "If Cheesecake Factory's bang bang chicken and shrimp were a pasta then this would be it." I myself loved every bite. This dish will be making another appearance in our home very soon.


Place all ingredients in a pot. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 17 minutes, stirring a few times. Cook until pasta is al dente.

Shred salmon and mix all together. Season with salt and pepper*


One Pot Wonder Salmon Coconut Curry Pasta

14 ounces linguine
32 oz Chicken or Vegetable Broth
1 can Coconut Milk
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Onion sliced
8 mini orange and red peppers sliced (I used 2 halves of 2 different types of bell peppers)
15 grape tomatoes cut in half
0.8 lb Salmon (I used 2 fillets)
2~3 T Red Curry Paste
1 T Olive Oil
1 Bay Leaf
a bunch of parsley cut
a bunch of cilantro cut
1 T sugar
salt*
pepper*

Place all ingredients in a pot. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 17 minutes, stirring a few times. Cook until pasta is al dente. Shred salmon and mix all together. Season with salt and pepper* (I forgot this and it tasted great!). Enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from: The Culinary Tribune




No comments: