Thursday, November 7, 2013

Homemade Noodles

Who else is intimidated by the idea of making homemade noodles?  I have been for years!  I figured it had to be hard, and of course take forever.  But you know what?  When my friend told me her husband made them and it only took him 10 minutes, (TEN MINUTES!!) then I figured I could do it too!  So, the next day I attempted it, and you know what?! It was extremely easy, and so worth the 10 minutes!  YUM!  I seriously don't know if I can go back to prepackaged noodles.  These noodles totally soak up the flavors of the soup and were delicious.  Go ahead, try it out and let me know what ya think! 



Homemade Noodles

2 Eggs
1 c Flour
1/2 tsp salt

Beat eggs until blended.  Add in dry ingredients and mix until it becomes doughy (it will be sticky). Grease and flour counter. Roll out the dough very thin, adding flour as needed.  Cut, with a knife or pizza cutter, into strips (as thick or thin as you like, they will swell up as they're cooked). Add to boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes, or until desired tenderness.  Enjoy!

Recipe Source: Jon and Lori Cramer

No comments: