When I first saw this recipe, honestly, I thought it sounded kind of odd, but it also reminded me of my Hawaiian Pork Skewer Recipe, so I thought, "Why not give it a try?" They were so easy to make! And they actually tasted good too! It's nice to have different easy Pork Chop recipes, and this is definitely one to add to the list. I rate this a 4.
Rub mayo on both sides of all pork chops.
Sprinkle soup mix over both sides of chops and spread. Cover dish and refrigerate.
Grill until juices run clear.
Look at the yummy onion crust!
Very flavorful and tastes great! Yum!
Crusty Onion Pork Chops
4 pork chops1 pkg onion soup mix (Shake to make sure it is mixed up well.)
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- Place pork chops in glass baking dish.
- Slather half of mayo on one side of pork chops.
- Sprinkle half of package over mayo and then spread with a spatula to make sure every inch is covered and really pressed into the pork chop.
- Use tongs to flip pork chops over then repeat mayo and soup mix on second side.
- Cover dish with foil and place in fridge for at least an hour so the mayo and soup mix can marinate the pork chops. (You can marinate it for longer, though. I did for 4 hours.)
- Cook on a grill for 3 ½ to 4 minutes per side, depending on how hot your grill is and how thick your pork chops are. Just be sure the juices are clear and not pink.
- The soup mix will form crusty areas...this is a good thing. Enjoy!!!