Monday, March 14, 2011

Hawaiian Pork Skewers

These are so good, and so dang easy!  I've been making these for a while now, but I haven't made them all winter!  It felt so good outside today that I thought, "Why not bring some Summer into our home by using the grill?"  I got this recipe from Good Things Utah probably just over a year ago. The Woods on Ninth came on the show and shared the recipe, it looked so good, I just had to try it!  Well worth it!  I rate this recipe a 4.5.

After marinating for a few hours.


All ready for the grill.  (If using bamboo skewers don't forget to soak them in water for 20 minutes before use, to minimize scorching.)

Right off the grill!  To make things go fast I sometimes fill one skewer full of just meat or just pineapples.

All ready to eat, yum!  I wanted to do a side of Home Fries, but I ran out of time.  So chips had to do.

Hawaiian Pork Skewers


Ingredients:

3 T fresh lime juice
4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix (off brand does the job!)
1 t. powdered ginger
2 T water

1.5-2 lbs boneless pork butt cut into 1.5 inch cubes (I just buy the pork stew meat, already chopped!) 20 oz can chopped pineapples

In a bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.  Add pork and marinate for one hour.
Thread pork and pineapples onto 8 inch bamboo skewers and grill on a HOT grill for 5-6 minutes each side.

Serve as main dish or as appetizer.  Enjoy!

No comments: