Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Italian Salad

I thought for my first day I would put up recipes to make for a complete meal.  So in the previous post I shared a main dish, now the salad, and to come the rolls and a dessert!  I designed this salad after the wonderful salad that is famous at Sweet Home Chicago Pizzeria.  My husband and I loved it so much that I decided to recreate it at home!  It's so easy and so yummy.  As for homemade salads go, I would have to rate this a 4!




Italian Salad

Ingredients:

* Lettuce (I prefer Romain over Iceberg, but it's great w/ mixed greens!)
* Diced Tomatoes (I don't like tomatoes so I didn't put it on mine)
* Black Olives
* Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
* Pepperoni Slices
* Italian Dressing (I prefer the homemade kind, you know, the kind w/ the packet, oil, vinegar and water)

Chop, dice and throw all together!  Toss with the yummy Italian dressing.  Enjoy!

No comments: