Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tacos Al Pastor

I've had this recipe pinned on my Pinterest account for a long time now.  I finally made it! Once again, while I was searching for healthy, yummy recipes I came across this recipe again.  This was so, so easy to make!  Seriously, you cut up the pork, throw it in a large baggy and refrigerate until you're ready to throw it all into a frying pan to cook.  While that's cooking you heat up the tortillas! So, so easy! And they taste amazing! It sweet and spicy! Seriously, you will not be disappointed.  
Who else loves tacos as much as I do? I L.O.V.E them!




Toss all the ingredients in a bag and refrigerate up to 24 hours.

Fry in oil until cooked through.

Serve in tortillas and top with desired toppings. I chose diced onions and homemade guac!

Tacos Al Pastor

  • 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes 
  • (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
  • medium onion, chopped 
  • 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 T Mexican-style chili powder
  • 1 t ground cumin
  • 1 t dried oregano
  • 1 t pepper
  • 1 t chopped garlic
  • 3/4 t salt

  • 1 T canola oil
  • Corn or flour tortillas, warmed

  • Topping Suggestions: fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco, chopped onions, chopped jalapeño, guacamole, lime wedges

Preparation

  1. 1. Combine pork and next 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 to 24 hours.
  2. 2. Cook pork mixture in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until pork is done. Serve mixture with warm tortillas and desired toppings. Enjoy!


Recipe Source: My Recipes

No comments: