Monday, October 8, 2012

White Chocolate Covered Oreos

I've been on a little break for the past few weeks, I went to visit my family in TN for 3 weeks and then my mom flew back w/ me and stayed for an extra few days.  So, I figured now that I'm back home I should add a recipe.  And, since Halloween season is sneaking up on us, what better to share than an easy Halloween treat?!  These white chocolate covered oreos are perfect for a quick, yet yummy treat for any upcoming holiday parties!  I actually made these for a Halloween party last year and most recent I made them for a black and white vintage dessert party by using black and white pearl sprinkles.  There are so many things you can use these cookies for, even just for your own indulgence.



All you do is dip and sprinkle!

White Chocolate Covered Oreos

Ingredients:

1 pkg. white melting chocolate
1 pkg. Oreo Cookies
Decorations-
   Sprinkles
   Mini Chocolate Chips
   Colored Sugar

Melt white chocolate coating in either a double boiler, or in the microwave (use package directions for melting). When melting in a microwave glass bowls work the best. When chocolate is melted, use a spreader knife and frost the chocolate coating over one side of the Oreo.  (You may also wish to dunk the Oreo cookie completely into the chocolate, this is the way I choose.)  Decorate with toppings of your choice while the white chocolate is still hot.  Let cookies cool on waxed paper, either at room temperature or place in the refrigerator.  Enjoy!
 

No comments: