Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2 - Best Ever Sweet Potatoes

For Day 2 of 25 Days of Recipes please introduce my cousin-in-law, Andrea (our hubbys are cousins).  She's another mom who can do it all!  She's always making amazingly cute, budget friendly crafts and other than being a mom, she does a lot of side jobs.  One being an Usborne Books sales consultant, www.andreasbooks.com. People say these books sale themselves, and you know what?  They do!  They're all amazing, I can never decide what book I want to buy next.  So...

Take it Away Andrea:



I am a mother of three kids and I hate baking! Some people think its fun, that’s because they are good at it! I always mess it up and the messy kitchen stresses me out. But for special occasions I will mess up my kitchen, stress out my brain and bake something awesome. My kids love it when we make things together. This recipe is a no brainer. Except if you forget the sugar, which I have done not once, but twice. And once I dropped an entire eggshell in while the mixer was going and had to pick out every little piece. But it was still delicious! These are traditionally a Thanksgiving recipe but they are so good, we make them for Christmas as well. You can use them as a side dish or a dessert, they're very sweet.


Best Ever Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients

4 lbs of yams or sweet potatoes, I use canned
1/2 cup butter in bits
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
3 T flour
1 cup milk
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla
1 t coconut extract
1 t almond extract

Mix together in a kitchenaid until combined. Put in to 2- 1 1/2 qt soufle dishes, I use corningware

Topping
1 cup chopped pecans
3 T brown sugar
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t cloves
2 T butter

Put all ingredients into a saucepan and heat until caramelized. Add to top of sweet potatoes and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Thanks Andrea! And Enjoy!

No comments: