I hosted a Usborne Book Party this past Tuesday so, I decided I needed to make something special. I found these 2 recipes: Oreo Cheesecake Pops and Oreo Truffle Balls, and decided to make them both! They're the same all except for the type of chocolate used to dip. They were a huge hit! I wish I could've eaten more, but I limited myself :) It's crazy how easy these things are!! I would never think something so good, would be so dang easy. The part that took the longest was just dipping the balls, that's it! I rate this a 5++++ (If I could go higher, I would!)
These are like heaven in your mouth!
Crush Oreos in a food processor (or by hand).
Add in the cream cheese and mix until well blended. The food processor makes this soo easy! Then place mixture in fridge for 1 hour.
Roll into 1-inch balls. I used my cookie scooper and it worked perfect! I then went back and rolled them into better circles. Place back in the fridge for another 20 minutes (this is very important or they will be too soft to hold it's form when put in the melted chocolate and fall apart.)
This was the melting chocolate I found and decided to try out. It worked out great!!! I used the Vanilla for the Oreo Cheesecake Balls and the Chocolate for the Oreo Truffle Balls.
Sprinkle Oreo crumbs on top of the balls right after dipping, so they stay in place and make it look a bit fancier. FYI...I didn't use tooth picks for the first batch of the cheesecake balls, but did for the truffles. It worked a lot better w/.
Didn't they turn out great? I actually really liked these Oreo Cheesecake Balls the best! It tasted like cream covered Oreos! Yum!!
Other ppl liked these Truffle Balls better, which makes sense, they are really good too. And please ignore the front ball, I didn't notice it wasn't covered completely until I saw this picture!
All ready to go for the party. They were seriously so dang good! My mouth is watering just thinking about them right now. YUM! (I think someday I might try them w/ lollipop sticks.)
Oreo Cheesecake/Truffle Balls
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
*white chocolate wafers, melted (for Oreo Cheesecake Balls) or..
*chocolate chips or melting chocolate (for Oreo Truffle Balls)
- Put 5 Oreo cookies in a food processor, or food chopper, and grind the cookies to a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Crush up Oreos in a food processor (or crush them up in a plastic bag with a rolling pin). Mix with cream cheese until its mixed through evenly.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for one hour.
- Mold the dough into 1-inch balls and put them back in the fridge for another 20 minutes. (Makes just over 30 balls)
- Melt chocolate chips and dip. The way I did it is put chocolate chips in a microwave safe mug (that way it's deep enough for dipping).
- Dip the lollipop stick/toothpick in the melted candy then stick it in the Oreo ball, half way, and dip the Oreo ball in the melted candy.
- Sprinkle the Oreo ball with some cookie crumbs.
- Place dipped Oreo balls on wax paper and refrigerate or place in the freezer for about 2 hrs. They taste great right out of the fridge/freezer.