Friday, March 21, 2014

Creamy Philly Cheese Steak

If I ever go to a restaurant where a Philly Cheese Steak is on the menu, it's honestly a true battle w/ in myself to even consider ordering anything else.  I LOVE Phillies! I have no idea why I haven't shared this recipe with y'all yet!! I have had this recipe for years! I actually found two recipes I liked and combined them to make this. It's been so long that I can't even remember where the two recipes came from. But seriously, this is seriously so delicious! My 4 year old couldn't eat a bite without making an, "mmmm..." sound last night. My 5 year old was turned off by it when he asked what was in the sandwich and I told him, "roast beef." He quickly ran off screaming, "you want us to eat that?! I don't wanna eat 'gross' beef!!!" Hahaha as much as I tried to reassure him I had said "roast" beef, he wanted nothing to do with it. But, the rest of us loved it! My favorite way to serve these are with steak fries and a pasta salad. You will not disappoint if you serve this, I promise. (Just make sure to clarify you're not serving gross beef.)
Who else loves Phillys as much as me?! Where's your favorite place to buy one?

Look at all that deliciousness!

1st chop up all veggies and roast beef. 2nd, heat up 2 T of olive oil and add in veggies and meat. 3rd, add 4-6 oz cream cheese and spices. 4th mix in cream cheese until fully melted and mixed in and simmer for at least 5 minutes.

While simmering cut sub rolls, spread butter and sprinkle garlic powder and broil until the bread starts browning and the butter is bubbling. Take out...

Add slices of your choice of cheese to both sides of bread (I used Muenster) and place back in the oven to broil until cheese is melted.

Place meat mixture on the sub rolls and serve warm!

Creamy Philly Cheese Steak

2 T Olive Oil
1 lb Deli Roast Beef Slices, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
1 Small Onion, Chopped
2-4 oz chopped Mushrooms
4-6 oz Cream Cheese
Paparika, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Butter
Garlic Powder
About 5 Sandwich Rolls (I used wheat Sub Rolls)
Swiss, Mozzarella, Provolone or Muenster Cheese

In hot oil add roast beef and veggies and saute until heated through.  Mix in cream cheese and spices and heat until melted.  Let simmer for about 5 minutes.  While simmering, cut bread and butter both pieces of bread then sprinkle with garlic powder. Broil until just starting to brown and butter is bubbling.  Take out the bread, top both sides of the bread with cheese, then broil until the cheese is melted.  Take the bread out of the oven and place meat mixture on the sub rolls and serve immediately! Enjoy!

No comments: