Monday, October 28, 2013

Cheesy Green Chicken Enchiladas

I was asked to share this recipe, so here it is!
I grew up on Sour Cream Enchiladas, who didn't right?  But, I guess I over made them when I got married, along w/ several other cream of soup recipes, so I was encouraged by my very sweet husband to try out new recipes.  Needless to say, I haven't made Sour Cream Enchiladas in years.  But, last night when our sweet cousin came over and made us dinner, he introduced us to this new recipe.  It's the same concept of sour cream enchiladas but uses less cream of soup and uses a can of green enchilada sauce, which overpowers the taste of the soup.  So, I loved it!  I believe I found my replacement Hubby! ;)



Cheesy Green Chicken Enchiladas

-2-3 chicken breasts  shredded (cooked with onions)
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 small can green enchilada sauce
-1 cup sour cream
-small can sliced olives
-dozen or more flour tortillas (smallish)
-grated cheese

Mix the soup, sour cream and sauce together.  Set aside about 1 cup of sauce.
Add the remaining sauce to the shredded chicken...

-Smear bottom of casserole pan w/ reserved sauce.
-Place about 1/4 C of chicken mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla.
-Roll up and place in casserole dish.
-When dish is full, cover with the remainder of the sauce. 
-Cover w/ grated cheese,  sprinkle w sliced olives.

Cook at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is delicious looking. Enjoy!


*You may also choose to mix olives into the sauce, or leave them out altogether.
**Perfect served w/ a side of Spanish Rice and Refried Beans.


Recipe Source: My Aunt-in-Law Linda

No comments: