Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mandarin Chicken Rice Bake

This is probably one of the easiest recipes I've made in a while...all b/c it was a one dish meal.  I use to make casseroles all the time, but hardly ever do anymore.  This was actually pretty good, and really simple to make.  Great for a quick meal...just prepare for the long bake time, it takes 1 hr and 15 minutes!  But, you have all that free time while it's baking, almost like a crock pot meal.  One thing odd is, either my family eats a ton (which could likely could be the case) and Eat at Home eats like birds or they used it as a side dish.  I don't know but, it hardly fed my 2 boy, me and hubby.  There was just enough, I don't know how it would even begin to serve 6 as said on her recipe.  Oh well, just plan for that, you can either double the recipe or make it for 3-4 ppl.


Chop up the veggies.

Toss everything together and mix.

Bake at 350 for 1 hr and 15 minutes.

And serve.  So easy!  (It doesn't look that great, but trust me, it's good!)

Mandarin Chicken Rice Bake

Ingredients:

3/4 cup uncooked white rice
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 cups cooked chicken
1 onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 Tbs. soy sauce

Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Put the rice and the boiling water in the dish, stirring to mix. Add the other ingredients, stirring to mix them all in. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments: