Friday, October 26, 2012

Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

Remember last year when I raved about how much I love pumpkin?  Well I've got another great recipe to share w/ ya'll.  I've made these a few times and they've always been a huge hit, especially w/ the husband.  These are perfect anytime, but especially during this time of year.  I found this recipe for Harvest Pumpkin with Cream Cheese Frosting from my 101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 Minutes cookbook (the same that I've shared a couple of other cupcake recipes from).  Seriously, this cookbook was a great investment, I have yet to regret buying it!
 
 

 
Mix all ingredients.  Tip: I couldn't find a spice cake mix when I went to 2 different stores, so I found out you can substitute it w/ a yellow cake mix along w/ 1 1/2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 t. clove and 1/2 t. ginger.  Worked out great!
Fill paper liners 3/4 full and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.

Let cool on a wire rack.

While cooling mix all ingredients for the cream cheese frosting.
 
Frost cupcakes and garnish w/ sprinkles, mini chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
 
 
Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
 
Ingredients:
1 Box Spice Cake Mix
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1 t. Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
 
Mix Ins (Choose 2 or double up 1):
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
 
Mix together all ingredients.  Pour batter into paper liners and fill 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cakes are light golden brown.  Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.  Enjoy!
 
 
Cream Cheese Frosting
 
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
3 3/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 t. Vanilla Extract
 
Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and light.  Stop mixer and add sugar and vanilla.  Start mixer on low and gradually increase the speed until frosting is fluffy.  Frost and refrigerate.  Enjoy!

No comments: