Monday, May 30, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes

I love cupcakes!  I don't bake very often, partly because I can't stop eating whatever it is I make.  I work with the young women in my church, and the leaders take turns making the girls birthday cupcakes once a month.  So, for my turn I decided to make these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting from the 101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 minutes cookbook.  I would love to make every single cupcake in this wonderful book, they're all amazingly easy and amazingly yummy looking!  I rate these a 4.5.

Right out of the oven.

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting.  YUM!

Frosted and sprinkled w/ milk chocolate chocolate chips.

These are delicious, Reese's are one of my favorite candies!  They would, of course, be even more amazing with the large peanut butter cups, but I went for the cheaper version ;) YUM! If only I had more to eat right now.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup


Ingredients:

1 box chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 bag chocolate peanut butter cups

Mix together cake mix, eggs, and milk.  Pour 2 T batter (cookie scoop is perfect!) into paper liners and place a peanut butter cup on top. And then fill paper liners 3/4 full (1 more cookie scoop full works great!).

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.  Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.  When completely cooled, frost.


Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting


Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 T milk or cream
1 t. vanilla extract

Combine peanut butter and butter in a large bowl, mixing together until light and fluffy.  Stop mixer before adding sugar.

Add sugar, 3 T milk or cream, and vanilla.  Start slow and mix together, gradually increasing the speed.  Mix until smooth and creamy.  Add 1 T milk or cream if frosting is too thick.

No comments: