Friday, March 11, 2011

Hawaiian Chicken

I was first introduced to this wonderful recipe for Hawaiian Chicken from my good friend Janel.  I've made it once before last night, but I changed it up a bit this time!  I prefer to have more sauce to cover my rice, and this recipe did not make enough.  So, this 2nd go around I made more!  I'll give you the recipe I made, if you like less sauce, then click on the link above and follow that recipe.  I also replaced the pineapple tidbits with crushed pineapples, I was all out.  I think it tasted great!  But, I do like the taste of the tidbits because you get larger bites of the pineapple, you can never have too much of that flavor right?!  One thing I think that I'm going to try next time is to bread the chicken and brown it in a little oil before cooking in the oven.  It's good with plain chicken, but would be amazing breaded!  I rate this recipe a 3.5. 

The sauce!

Fresh out of the oven.

Serve on top of rice and it's all ready to eat! yum!

Hawaiian Chicken


Ingredients:

12 or so chicken tenderloins (I used 10)
20 oz can of un-drained pineapple tidbits (or crushed)
1/3 C brown sugar
3 Tbs. cornstarch (add slowly to prevent clumping)
2/3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbs Tai chili sauce (a red sauce in a bottle with Tai or Latin foods)
1/2 C of ketchup
1 1/2 tsp of soy sauce
1/3 C vinegar

Place chicken in a 9x13 pan with a little melted butter or non-stick spray.  Combine all other ingredients, except pineapple, in a saucepan.  Cook the sauce on med-low until thickened.  Add pineapple to sauce, stir, and remove from heat.  Pour half over chicken, cover with foil, and bake for 30 min at 350 degrees.  Remove foil, add the rest of the sauce, and cook for 15-20 minutes more.  Serve over rice.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janel said...

I forgot I gave you that recipe. I like it cause it's pretty fast and tasty. I really want to try the cheesecake bars, they look delish!