Friday, February 17, 2012

Sticky Coconut Chicken

My sister Bonny shared this recipe with me a while back and I finally made it a few months ago for some friends.  I really expected it to make more, next time I will use more chicken thighs.  I found out that thighs shrink up a lot!  Anyways, they tasted great, I will definitely be making them again.




Make the marinade by mixing coconut milk, ginger, pepper and red pepper flakes together.

Pour over the chicken in a large baggie and marinade for at least 1 hour.

While the chicken is grilling make the glaze and heat until thickened.

Glaze both sides of chicken the last few minutes of grilling.

Serve chicken over rice. 

Sticky Coconut Chicken

Ingredients:
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. red pepper flakes

Marinade chicken in coconut milk, ginger, pepper and red pepper flakes at least one hour (I let mine marinade four about four to five hours). Grill on barbecue.

Glaze:
3/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. red pepper flakes


While the chicken is grilling, bring above ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until mixture is reduced and thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Be patient because it takes a little while. But once it starts getting really thick, immediately take it off the heat! Glaze both sides of chicken the last few minutes of grilling and serve chicken over rice.

Note: I used the extra coconut milk left in the can as part of the liquid in my rice and it tasted great paired up w/ the chicken! Enjoy!



No comments: