Friday, July 22, 2011

Pizza Bites

I made these wonderful Pizza Bites for the first time a few months ago for one of my Potluck Luncheons I like to throw for mom's and their kids in my neighborhood.  They were a huge hit!  I've made it a few times since then, and again the other night for my book party.  They didn't turn out nearly as well this last time though :(  I'm guessing because I pre-made them, put them in the refrigerator and then cooked them.  They turned out soggy!  People still didn't seem to care very much though, b/c they're that good!  I also used string cheese this last time, which I hadn't done before.  I was running low on cheese, so I had to cut them in small pieces.  Which, I have always though the more cheese the better, so it could've been better.  But, let's go off the past times I've made them, they were sooo good!  I couldn't get enough.  I rate these a 4.5.


Slice pizza dough into about 24 pieces and top w/ pepperoni and cheese.

Fold up edges and...

Pinch closed.

Place each roll seam side down, starting in the middle and working your way out to the edge of the pan.  (I used a large pan this past time b/c I doubled the recipe, usually I use a 9 in pie dish and it works perfect!)  Then brush w/ Olive Oil and sprinkle Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese on top.

Bake on 400 for about 20 minutes.
Serve w/ a side of marinara sauce. Seriously  you won't be able to get enough, they're so good! Yum!

Pizza Bites

Ingredients:

1 tube of pizza dough (found in your grocer's refrigerator section)
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed (about 20-24 pieces)
Sliced Pepperoni

For Topping:

Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning
Grated Parmasan Cheese
Pizza Sauce for dipping (I just use spaghetti sauce)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan. Divide the pizza dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces. Take one of the dough pieces, top with a cube of cheese and a slice or two of pepperoni. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.

Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Serve warm, with dipping sauce as desired. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Preds Girl said...

These look so yummy and EASY! Thanks for sharing!

Gennaveeve said...

I made these for dinner last night and they were so addicting!! I didn't have string cheese so I used shredded mozz. and even Adrian couldn't get enough! Caden even asked me if we could make it every night! I think they approve! Thanks!!!