Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 19 - Homemade Turtles

Welcome to Day 19 of 25 Days of Recipes!  I'd like to introduce my good friend and old neighbor, Gennaveeve.  She's really one of the first friends I actually made in Utah.  She and her family lived right above us in our last apartment, before we moved into our home where we live now.  We worked closely in our calling for our church, she was such an organized leader, that it was actually a lot of fun to work for her!  You know, it wasn't stressful at all.  Does that make sense?  Anyways, just a warning, she thinks she's now allowed to use the word "y'all" now that she has lived in South Carolina for the last few months...I guess we can allow her to, just this once ;) haha  Her recipe is a little different from yesterdays recipe, both amazing looking!

Take it Away Gennaveeve:


Hey y'all! My name is Gennaveeve Ibarra and Brittany is one of my most favorite people in the world! I currently live in South Carolina but will be moving back to Utah shortly and I'm so excited! I have the most handsome husband ever, 3 adorable boys and brand new baby girl that I absolutely love!

I make these homemade turtles every chance I get! The first time we made them for a Family Christmas party they were gone in minutes and we were then informed that we must make them every year or we weren't allowed to come! ;-)
So here you go!


Homemade Turtles

You'll need:1 bag of Dove Carmel Chocolates
1 bag of mini twisty salted pretzels
1 small bag of plain pecans
Bakers white chocolate
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
  2. Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place one Dove caramel on each pretzel.
  3. Bake for 4 minutes. While the candy is warm, lightly press a pecan onto each candy covered pretzel.
  4. Melt 2 or 3 bars of the Bakers white chocolate and drizzle onto candies. For Christmas I like to add red and green food coloring to make it more festive!
Note: Be warned, these are ridiculously addicting! Hope you enjoy!!

Thanks Gennaveeve!  Enjoy!

No comments: