Friday, October 14, 2011

Spinach Dip

I don't know if you know, but I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (in other words, I'm a Mormon).  Well, a couple of weekends ago we had our General Conference broadcast (click to find out more), four-2 hr sessions spread out through Saturday and Sunday. So, why am I telling you this?   Well, b/c my husband loves to have food to munch on during this weekend.  I feel like that's what I did the whole weekend, cook!  So, my next few posts will be recipes that I made for Conference weekend.  This particular recipe is from my sister-in-law, Lisa.  We love it, especially my hubby.

All the ingredients.



Strain the thawed spinach.  You can either use a strainer or squeeze between paper towels.

Add spices and veggies into a bowl.

Add in sour cream and mayo (I really like the Olive Oil Mayo, try it!  It's a lot less calories).

Mix everything together.  Let chill in the fridge.

I like to serve in a bread bowl (you of course don't have to).  We usually like to use sour dough, but the store was all out.  You will need to cut out the center of the bread bowl and cut into bite size pieces.

Tastes great!


Spinach Dip

Ingredients:
 
1 box (10 oz) frozen spinach, thawed and drained (don’t use spinach from a bag, for the right taste, it must be a box!)
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
½ cup fresh, chopped parsley
½-3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tsp salad supreme
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise

Combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Add seasonings and lemon juice. Mix in spinach, parsley and onions. Chill. Serve with cut up sourdough bread pieces.  Enjoy!

No comments: