Sunday, June 26, 2011

Easy Pork Chops

This is one of my Momma's recipes.  It's so so simple and surprisingly tastes like you spent a lot more time preparing the pork chops.  It's amazing what a wonderful taste it has w/ just salt and pepper!  Trust me, it seems to simple to taste so great, but try it and you'll be very surprised.  I rate this a 4.

Generously salt and pepper.


I have always baked the pork chops, but this time we chose to grill it.  It was great!  I like them both ways, but given a choice I would choose to grill.  I like the extra char taste and it cooks a lot quicker (and my husband is the one that is cooking it, not me ;)



Easy Pork Chops

Ingredients:

Pork Chops (thawed and at room temperature, either bone-in or boneless)
Salt (I like to use Kosher)
Black Ground Pepper

Baking instructions: Generously Salt and Pepper each side of pork chops.  And bake at 350 for about 30-60 minutes depending on the thickness.  Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature has exceeded 145 degrees F. (You'll know it's ready when meat is cut and the juices run clear, the meat should be white.)

Grilling instructions: Place the meat on grilling surface, close the grill and and cook each side for 3 minutes on high.  Reduce the heat level to low.  Use the meat thermometer to carefully monitor the temperature.  You are waiting at this point for the internal temperature to exceed 145 degrees F. 

It's really that easy, and tastes great!  Enjoy! 

No comments: