Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Crock Pot Carnitas

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I guess I tend to make a lot of Mexican dishes.  They're easy, over all pretty low in fat and very tasty.  This recipe was given to me by my good friend Janel.  It's extremely easy and tastes great!  I like to serve the pork in fried corn tortillas and topped off w/ homemade guacamole and sour cream.  I rate this recipe a 4!



All the ingredients.  That's it!

Pour everything in to the crock pot and mix together.

Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-8 hours on high.

Take out of crock pot and shred.  Place in a pan, mix w/ remaining liquids and broil 5-10 minutes until a little crisp.

Serve in fried corn tortillas.

Top off w/ sour cream and guacamole.  (I know this isn't the most appealing picture, but I like to taste guac. and s.c. in every bite!)  Yummy!

Crock Pot Carnitas

Ingredients:

3-4 lbs Pork Roast
8 oz Salsa Verde
1 T. minced garlic
Salt & Pepper
1/2 - 1 T. Lime Juice

Generously salt and pepper pork roast.  Put everything in a crock pot and mix together.  Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.  Take pork out of the crock pot and shred.  Place in a pan and mix in w/ the remaining liquids.  Broil 5-10 minutes until a little crisp.  Serve with corn or flour tortillas.  Topping suggestions are: guacamole or diced avocados, lettuce, fresh salsa or pico de gallo, fresh squeezed lime juice and sour cream.  Enjoy!

 

No comments: