Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pineapple-Mango Salsa

My husband won't be home for another hour so I decided to go ahead and post another recent find!  This one I just made Sunday and it turned out so good!  I get lots of fruit and veggies from Bountiful Baskets (a food co-op) so I decided to make something w/ the mangos and veggies I had.  My husband encouraged me to find a good Mango salsa recipe, one for chips, not as a meat topping.  I actually really didn't want to b/c I've had Mango salsa from Costco, and to be honest, I'm not a big fan, at all!  But, he insisted so, when I found this recipe that had Pineapples, called Pineapple-Mango Salsa I thought, why not try it out?!  It sounded good!  And let me tell you, it was sooo good, it has the sweetness along w/ the perfect amount of spice!  I'm a big fan of this recipe!  If you've never cut a mango, like I hadn't, then check out this website for help.  I rate this recipe a 5!!



Pineapple-Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
(I chose to double this recipe, but I decided 1 can of pineapples were more than enough.)

• 1 mango, peeled and cubed
• 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits, packed in juice, drained
• 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup sliced green onions
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional but, definitely do this, this is where the wonderful spice comes from!!!)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt

In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients; cover and refrigerate to blend flavors until ready serve.

No comments: