Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

One of my favorite type of sandwiches is a peanut butter banana sandwich!  And for the last little while I have really liked it with Nutella as well.  So good!  So when I saw this Presley Peanut Butter Banana Muffin I knew I had to try it.  A friend that I knew from back home in TN shared this recipe, click on her link and see what inspired her to come up with the recipe, it's a cute story.  So I wanted to make these as soon as I saw her recipe!  They sounded so good, and I actually had all the ingredients!  I ended up making them Monday and I still have a couple left over today!  They are definitely better warm, so microwave them if they get cold, it brings out the banana taste better.  And as suggested serve with Nutella, or I was thinking it'd probably be really good w/ mini chocolate chips added!  I rate these a 3.8.

Fill muffin tins with 1/4 c. of batter in each, I was able to make 17 this way.  Make sure to spray the pan a lot, so they don't stick.  Top with sugar and cinnamon mix! Yum!


Fresh out of the oven.

 Nutella, Yum!

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 3 or 4 very ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbs cocoa powder
  • 2/3 cup pecans, chopped (I don't like pecans so I did not add)
  • 1/2 cup sugar mixed with cinnamon to taste (This is really way too much, you really only need a few Tablespoons)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 18 cupcake liners in muffin tins or spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl mash bananas and then mix in baking soda, peanut butter, butter, and eggs. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, excluding the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Gradually add the flour mixture in with the batter until well blended.  Fill muffin tins with batter until 2/3 full. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar then bake for 21 minutes or until toothpick comes out without anything on it. Let cool on counter for 5 minutes. Remove and serve with Nutella, instead of butter, and a glass of milk.  Enjoy!

No comments: